Monday, July 9, 2007

Top 10 reasons why working at the Chicago Fed rocks:

So, today was my first day on the job:

  • The cafeteria has bright pretty colors, cheap yummy food, and Appel-style conveyor belt tray returns.
  • There is a gym upstairs. And a masseuse comes by once a week.
  • There is a candy & snacks shop. You could charge stuff with your ID card. This could get dangerous.
  • The building is open 24/7, so I could potentially work 9p-5a.
  • “Business casual” attire means I saw at least one guy wearing jeans and one girl wearing a tank top today.
  • I love my wireless keyboard and mouse.
  • People nap in the lounge. Although you could watch the plasma TV instead.
  • Federal holidays: who doesn't want to observe President's Day?
  • My supervisors all have PhDs, and are accordingly adroit.
  • My coworkers discuss NPR and spamming techniques at lunch.
  • I'm within walking distance to tons of restaurants, bars, theaters and concerts after work.

No comments: