Saturday, March 14, 2009

Wedding Pi

Congratulations are due to Heather, one of my friends from high school, who is getting married today. I didn't make it back to MA for the ceremony, but I did send a wedding gift. More specifically, I asked Black Sheep Deli & Bakery if they would deliver a pumpkin pie to Heather to celebrate the occasion. After all, it is Pi Day. The woman laughed and said, "That is so cute!"

This is the first wedding gift I've bought, so I figure it shouldn't be something uber lame like a bread basket or pillow cases or something. Plus, I am reasonably sure that no one else at this wedding will send her a pie, or even realize that it is Pi Day, with the possible exception of Brewer, with whom I typically have conversations on topics like lambda calculus.

Heather's response: Just wanted you to know we did get the pie and it is so cute and delicious. Pumpkin is Mark's favorite and he claims you're his new best friend for sending pie. I will be sure to tell Brewer that you sent me a pie for my pi day wedding, he will appreciate that. Now I just need steaks because it's also steak and bj day, lol.

Also, if you haven't already seen it on Facebook, check out Vance's dedication to pi--it's definitely irrational.



In other wedding-related news, Emily has informed me that she's downsizing her wedding and will most likely have fewer/no bridesmaids. This probably means I'm off the hook for bridesmaid duties (yessss). So, is it bad form to go from being a bridesmaid to not attending the wedding...?

Update: Never mind, I just got a voicemail message from Emily saying that she's changed her mind about the previous dress, and now we're looking at something that is "two-piece" with "sheer" material. But the apple red is staying. Sigh.

No comments: