Friday, April 18, 2008

Quake!

Last night at 4 am or so, I rolled over in my sleep, and awoke with the startling realization that my legs were shaking. Small vibrations, as if the neighbors were having a party with subwoofers in frequencies that I somehow couldn't hear. The thought that I might have some sort of crazy neurological disorder (multiple sclerosis? Parkinson's?) crossed my mind. The vibrations went on for 15 or 20 seconds, and then, brushing it off as a dream, I went back to sleep.

Still disconcerted the next morning, I went to my computer and googled "sleeping motion sensation." After some quick browsing, I came to this conclusion: I was coming down with restless leg syndrome. Oy!

Then, I went to work and someone mentioned the 5.2 magnitude earthquake that rattled Illinois last night. It was a reminder that on a geological scale, we are all but specks on a wall.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.