Sunday, August 12, 2007

omg frenz

I really, really miss my Cornell kids.

Don't get me wrong, I've met some great people at the Fed, through friends of friends, on street corners, etc. Actually, the AEs are probably a lot more cohesive than many other work groups, since so many of us are transplants to the area and want to meet people. And there are lots of diverse, talented people among the AE bunch.

Still, sometimes I can't help thinking how different my friends from college are, friendships I've sought out and chosen to maintain, rather than being a matter of convenience. Suffice it to say that I would much rather go to a Karaoke Revolution & fried ice cream party than hang out at the hipster club with subtitled films playing in the background.

I have yet to find someone I can drag along to really crazy ethnic restaurants. (Remember that time 209 got Indian food? No, that other time?)

At the moment, I'm even kind of bored with drinking. (Gee, I guess that phase lasted all of a month.)

Anyway, check out the Mad World video for my sufficiently emo post. If I ever finish that arrangement of Mad World on chimes, I have this vision of people making similar formations on Ho Plaza while the song is played.

(I'm wicked tired. Good parts of weekend to be highlighted later.)

No comments: